Last year, Magpul made a huge splash with the release of its first-ever knife, the Rigger. The company followed up with Stonewashed Titanium Rigger and Rigger Green Micarta, each to a positive response. Now the Magpul Rigger EDC debuts, at nearly half the price of previous knives.
First Look at the Magpul Rigger EDC
Different materials in construction enabled Magpul to make this knife more accessible with a lower price point. But the Rigger EDC still includes the same functionality, design and ergonomics of previous models.
The Rigger EDC features a double-locking aluminum frame. Light and strong, it utilizes a slim, agile handle for precise work. The modified forged blade delivers edge retention and corrosion resistance. An innovative secondary locking feature (SLF) also adds security and safety. The SLF disengages via the thumb. A jimped blade deploys with a flipper.
The blade features CPM 154 stainless steel. The magnetic steel delivers a Rockwell C hardness of 58-60. The combination comprises a blade delivering better edge retention and chip resistance, along with dimensional stability.
And aluminum pocket clip features a hollow pocket clip screw for lanyards. It also removes or reverses with a slotted screwdriver for disassembly and cleaning. A sleek, modern profile makes for comfortable carry.
Lastly, the Rigger EDC retails for $239.95. For even more info, please visit magpul.com.
Magpul Rigger EDC Features
- Blade Design: Modified Wharncliffe with Tapered Dual Bevel Grind
- Primary Frame Lock and Secondary Locking Feature
- Blade Material: S35VN
- Blade Grind: Tapered Dual Bevel
- Frame: 7075 Aluminum
- Pocket Clip: 7075 Aluminum
- Lanyard Hole
- Jimping along blade spine and flipper for increased grip during use
- Made in USA
Rigger EDC Specs
- Overall Blade Length: 3.4 inches (from center of pivot)
- Overall Blade Thickness: 11/64 inches
- Open Length: 7.59 inches
- Closed Length: 4.52 inches
- Handle Thickness: 7/16 inches
- Weight estimated at 3.7 ounces
- Mechanism: Manual Opening w/ Flipper
- Flipper Jimping Length: .235 inches
- Blade Spine Jimping Length: .65 inches
- Hardware Material: Stainless Steel
- Pocket Clip Position: Reversible Tip-Up
- Bearing Type: Caged Ceramic Bearings
- Color: Anodized
- MSRP: $239.95
View original Post