We live in interesting times with new technological milestones almost every day. Now it’s time for some weaponized math, as FN Herstal just released their Weapon Mounted Ballistic Calculator called the FN Elity. The system combines a laser rangefinder, an infrared illuminator with a ballistic solver and various embedded sensors and presentation of the results via either an App or the OLED screen.
The riflescope seems to be one that TFB recently reviewed: The Schmidt & Bender 3-12×50 PMII.
FN Herstal brings next gen solution to snipers, spotters and precision shooters with its newly-qualified FN Elity
(Herstal, Belgium) – February 17, 2021. Belgium-based FN Herstal, one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of small caliber weapons and associated innovative solutions for the Defense and Security markets, unveils the newly-developed version of its high performance weapon mounted ballistic calculator for snipers, precision shooters and spotters.
The operational feedback collected from around the world last year has led to improvements in terms of ergonomics and usability. This version appears today under a brand new name: FN Elity™.
Problem solving. At a distance.
The FN Elity™ Weapon Mounted Ballistic Calculator can fit onto any squad or sniper team weapon of any caliber and spotting scopes.
The FN Elity™ is an all-in-one system that comes standard with the following:
* a laser range finder that can measure a human-size target at distances of up to 1,750m
* visible and infrared laser pointers
* an infrared illuminator with variable light intensity and adjustable beam cone
* a ballistic solver, developed by ApexO (AFS®), that provides real time shooting corrections and goes beyond
classic G1,G7 drag coefficients to calculate the bullet trajectory
* embedded sensors (e.g. temperature, pressure, humidity, elevation angle) that provide the data needed to
fine-tune the shooting corrections according to the environment
* an Android app, based on the well-known AFS® software from ApexO and using Bluetooth to configure every
parameter of the ballistic solver for an improved user experience
* the latest generation OLED screen displaying relevant information visible in the most difficult weather and
Thanks to its ballistic solver and multiple user features, the FN Elity™ is the best asset available to increase first round hit probability at long range. It provides additional state-of-the-art designation capabilities, while being one of the most compact systems available on the market, delivering to warfighters and security forces an unchallenged tactical edge.
FN Elity – Connect your firearm to an App.
For a few similar systems, check the “FN Herstal SCAR With All The Perks” and “French Army Selects SCAR-H PR, S&B Scope and Night/Thermal Vision for Sniper Rifle” articles. The Heads-Up Display for the Kestrel Ballistics Meters is another cool gadget, most likely much more affordable and available.
What are your thoughts about these ballistic systems? Do you love them or are you more of a traditionalist?
View original Post